iKroatia (hereinafter: the Agency) provides accommodation and related services according to information available on our web site / advertisement / brochures. Unless otherwise stated, the Total amount includes bed linen, water, electricity and bathroom towels (not beach towels), and air conditioning (where this is available). An advance payment, as stated on page 1 hereof, is necessary to confirm the booking. The Agency shall confirm the booking once the advance payment is registered on our account. In case of exchange from NOK to EURO, the official exchange rate on the date of issue of the Accommodation Services Agreement shall be used. When the Advance payment is received, the Client will receive an email Receipt/Voucher from the Agency confirming the payment. The Receipt/Voucher must be printed out by the Client and presented upon arrival. Unless otherwise stated in the Accommodation Services Agreement, the final payment is to be paid upon arrival at the booked accommodation. In case of subsequent cancellations of a confirmed booking, the Agency shall keep a part of the advance payment to cover costs related to the booking, as stated under “Client’s Right to Changes and Cancellations.”
CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT
In accordance with the Consumer Protection Act (Official Croatian Gazette 79/09), Article 8, paragraph 1, and the correction of the Law on Amendments to the Consumer Protection Act (Official Croatian Gazette 89/09), Article 5, paragraph 2, written complaints can be entered in the book of complaints which is located at the landlord or e-mail to: email@example.com
DESCRIPTION OF STANDARD
The accommodation facilities specified on the Agency’s web site/advertisement/brochure are described according to the official evaluation conducted by relevant local tourist authorities of Croatia and the owner of the accommodation. The Agency has inspected the accommodation facilities when this was possible. The Agency does not own the offered accommodation facilities and cannot be held responsible in case of inaccurate description of the standard, distances, position/location or writing errors on our web-site and/or any additional marketing material. However, if any inaccurate information is discovered, the Agency would like to be notified as soon as possible.
THE AGENCY’S RIGHT TO CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
The Agency reserves the right to modify or cancel booked accommodation in case of force majeure situations or other factors that could not have been foreseen or avoided prior to, or during the stay. The booked accommodation facility can in such cases, with the Client’s consent, be replaced with an alternative accommodation facility. Any alternative accommodation facility offered shall in that case hold the same, or higher standard than originally booked accommodation facility and be offered at the same price as the original booking. If there is only accommodation of higher standard available and the price exceeds the price of the originally booked accommodation by 10% or more, the Agency reserves the right to charge the Client the difference with prior consent of the Client. In cases where alternative accommodation is unavailable, the Agency reserves the right to cancel the booking. Notice of such cancellation shall be given no less than 7 days before arrival. The Agency shall in such cases return the entire advance amount to the Client, as stated on page 1 hereof.
- To be in possession of valid travel documents.
- To comply with Customs rules and regulations regarding import or export of currency under relevant laws of the Republic of Croatia.
- To agree to house rules in accommodation facilities and accept suggestions of the host made in good will.
- To present the confirmation of paid booking (Voucher received by e-mail) to the agent or owner of the accommodation facility.
- Not to accommodate other guests in the accommodation facility apart from those stated herein.
- To verify whether it is necessary for themselves or any other member of their party to obtain an entry visa for the Republic of Croatia.
- By confirming the booking, the Client agrees to report to and reimburse the host for any damages caused to the accommodation facility (including furniture and kitchenware) during the stay.
The Agency shall not be responsible for any destroyed, lost or damaged luggage, nor for theft of luggage or valuables from the accommodation unit (we recommend to rent a safe deposit box if available, or to acquire travel insurance that covers theft). Lost or stolen luggage should be reported to the accommodation facility owner or the nearest local police authority.
The price of accommodation facility booked through the Agency does not cover insurance of any kind. If the Client wants insurance, it must be bought directly from a private insurance company.
IN CASE OF PAYMENT BY DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD
The amount in € is informative. The cost is linked to Croatian kuna (HRK).
The price listed on the website could be slightly different from the amount that will be charged your card due to currency fluctuations between Kuna (HRK), Euro (€), Norwegian Krone (NOK) or any other currency.
If you want to pay by Visa or Mastercard a 2% surcharge will be imposed on the total amount.
Under the Tourist Tax Act of the Republic of Croatia, visitors are required to pay taxes for their stay, along with payment for accommodation services. The stipulated rate ranges from around 1 € per person per day for adults 18 years and older. Youth from 12 to 17 years old are normally entitled to 50 % discount. Children from 0 til 11 years are in most cases exempt from tourist tax payment. The total amount of tourist tax depends on the destination in Croatia and the length of stay and may vary according to currency fluctuations and local policy.
- Unless otherwise stated, check in time is from 2:00 pm and no later than 22:00 pm. Checkout time is until 10:00 am.
- If the Client requires check-in or check-out time outside of the above period, or in case of delays, the Client should contact the owner of the accommodation facility or the Agency’s local representative and inform them about arrival/departure time or delays. In case of delays on arrival longer than 24 hours – without notification to the owner of the accommodation facility or the Agency’s local representative – the Agreement shall be considered as cancelled.
- The owner of the accommodation facility or the Agency’s local representative is responsible to hand the key to the Client on arrival. The Client is responsible to return the key to the owner of the accommodation facility or the Agency’s representative or to leave the key on an agreed upon location on departure.
- The Agency does not own the accommodation facility and shall not be responsible for any disagreements between the landlord/owner/owner’s representative and the Client.
- The Client is responsible to transfer the accommodation facility back in the same condition as it was on arrival (except for final cleaning). The accommodation facility shall be cleared, trash emptied and removed and dishes cleaned.
CLIENT’S RIGHTS TO CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
The Client has the right to change or cancel the booking in writing (by e-mail or fax). If changes in the booking are not possible, and the Client for this or other reasons chooses to cancel the booking, the following rules shall apply:
- The client can cancel bookings up to 5 days from ordering date free of charge.
- If the client want to change or cancel a booking according to his/hers/the companys reservation this has to be done in written (by e-mail or telefax). If changes in the reservations shows to be impossible and the client for this reason choose to cancel the reservation following rules applies:
- For cancellations recieved more than 50 days before arrival the advance payment will be keept to cover the owners possible loss of income and administration costs
- For cancellations from 50 til 36 days prior to arrival an invoice of 50% of the accommodations total rental price must be paid.
- For cancellations from 35 days or less prior to arrival an invoice of 100% of the accommodations total rental price must be paid.
- If the costs exceeds the above mentioned costs iKroatia has the right to send invoice for for the actual costs.
- By confirming the reservation and/or pay the advance the client confirm to understand and accept iKroatias rental terms.
In the event of dispute that might arise from the Accommodation Services Agreement and these Terms and Conditions that are a constituent part thereof, the parties agree to make a good faith effort to resolve the dispute to mutual agreement. In the event that the dispute arising from the provisions of the Accommodation Services Agreement, and therefore from the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions, cannot be settled through mutual agreement, the parties agree that the dispute shall fall under the jurisdiction of the court in Zadar and Croatian law.